Saturday, February 21, 2009

Back in Ohio

Well the cruise is officially over, and Bill and I are back at home.  Today was a long travel day!  We had to be out of our cabin and in one of the ship's lounges by 7:45am, so we were up at the buffet eating breakfast by 7am.  We had disembarked the ship, gone through customs, took the bus to the Fort Lauderdale airport, and were waiting at the gate by about 9:45am.  Our 11:45am flight was delayed a bit due to snowy weather in Chicago, which is hard to fathom when you're sitting there looking at sunny skies and palm trees, but we ended up landing only 5 minutes after the original time.  After a midday meal in O'Hare, the fun began!

Long story short, we were incredibly close to taking vouchers for voluntarily getting bumped off our flight (and onto a flight to Detroit leaving 30 min later) but then they told us we didn't have to.  Odd, considering they originally said they needed 8 volunteers and we were first on the list.  But oh well.  So that flight left considerably late, and we landed about 90 minutes after we were scheduled to - 7:30pm instead of 6pm.  We ended up meeting up with our friends Brian and Melody and their kids for dinner at Boston Market near the airport before heading home.  The drive to Findlay seemed to take forever!

Once home, Calli was very excited to see us!  Smokey wasn't sure at first, but as soon as I started petting him he won't stay away from me and is barely letting my hands to anything besides rub his belly.  I think they're glad to have us home. :-)

The rest of the family ended up staying in Florida for most of the day today, taking a direct flight to Detroit this evening.  Daddy sent me a message that they got in ok, shortly after we got home.

So it's been a really long travel day, and I think unpacking will wait until tomorrow, except for some essentials.  I'm really glad we did a load of laundry on the ship yesterday so I hardly have any to do tomorrow.

I didn't feel like unpacking the camera tonight and going through all the pictures, but hopefully I'll be able to do that tomorrow, along with all the homework I still need to finish up for the week.  I'll make sure to post on here when they're up.

No comments: