About a week ago I was doing groceries at Wal-Mart over my lunch break from work. This particular day I happened to have a paper grocery list, instead of my usual text message one from reQall. I went in the store and picked up a few things in health & beauty, and then went to the greeting cards. I needed to buy birthday cards for my cousin, my grandpa, and my sponsored child.
After I picked out the cards, however, I realized my grocery list had disappeared! I was a little concerned because I have very little time when I do groceries, so I need to get what I need and get out of there. I called reQall to get one sent to my phone, and wouldn't it figure their service was down that day! Argh! Fortunately I was able to remember what was on the list well enough, and I don't think I forgot anything.
That night I mailed the card to my sponsored child, since it takes forever for mail to get to Sierra Leone (her birthday is March 6). I didn't bother with the other two cards, since my cousin's birthday is February 7 and my grandpa's is February 11 and mail only takes a couple days to get to them.
Tonight I pulled out those remaining two cards, and guess what I found - my lost grocery list!! Apparently while picking up cards, the list that was also in my hand got stuck between them. How it managed to stay there even after they scanned the cards at the checkout and I transported them home I have no idea. But it sure made me laugh to find it! :-)
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment