Monday, May 17, 2010

Vacation!

I was on vacation from work all last week, and it was an awesome week!

I knew that I'd have to take a one-week intensive course at seminary this term, so I'd been saving some vacation time for it.  As it turns out, of my 10 vacation days this year, I've used 8 of them for seminary-related things!

The intensive course I took was called Denominational History and Polity.  It was taught by one of my favorite profs, so that really helped the week go fast!  Plus, we only had 3 days of class instead of 5!  The prof canceled class on Tuesday since he had other courses to teach from 11:30am-2pm and 6:30pm-9pm, since regular seminary courses started up this past week too.  At least one student in the class had another class to take from 3pm-5:30pm, so essentially we only would have had class for a few hours in the morning, and he decided it wasn't worth it.  So I enjoyed my day off by doing homework, of course!

We all got to know each other well during the course, because we spent about half of Monday's class telling our stories about what churches we've been involved in and such.  Turns out the prof is a huge handbell choir fan - who knew!  Wednesday we had a barbecue for lunch, which was awesome - one guy brought his grill and cooked brats and burgers, and the rest of us brought stuff to go along with that.  The other intensive polity class going on this week was jealous! :)

At the end of the day on Thursday, the prof told us that was it for the course, so I had Friday off too!  It was nice to actually have a couple days of vacation during my vacation. :) Friday I slept in a bit, took care of stuff around the house, met with a friend for a couple hours, and during the evening some friends from small group came over for a fun and games night at our place.  We played corn hole and Guitar Hero, which seem to be favorites of this group.

All I have left to do for the intensive course is write a 20-page paper by the end of July, so it'll be nice this term only having class every Tuesday (Christian Ethics) and every other Thursday (independent study in Greek).

It was strange going back to work today after a week off and just being a full-time student, and it was hard to get my brain back into work mode. It probably didn't help that it was a chilly rainy day today either. But, now that it's evening I can transition back to school-mode... time to go read some Christian Ethics by our fireplace! :)

No comments: