Monday, May 24, 2010

Back in routine

I'm officially in the midst of my usual routine of work and school and homework, since this is now the 3rd week of this term. Work is going well for me, and I'm keeping busy enough but not too busy, which is perfect. :) School is going well this term so far. It's really nice having one class out of the way already (except for writing the paper), because that really cuts down on my weekly homework load. But, on the other hand, Christian Ethics class seems to be trying to make up for it! There's a lot of reading for Ethics and most of it is pretty intense, as well as a 2-4 page reflection paper every week. So far I'm really enjoying the class, and I'm definitely glad I only have one other class going on at the same time!  My Greek independent study "class" met for the first time last Thursday, and it was great. We discussed some grammar and then read some from 1 Peter 1. We're planning to meet every other week, but since we didn't meet 2 weeks ago when I had the intensive course, we're meeting again this week, and then it'll be every other week unless one of us has a conflict and needs to reschedule.

Bill has been keeping busy for over a month now remodeling his younger sister's bathroom. From what he said last night, though, they should be finishing up this evening! That'll be great, because then not only will I maybe get to see him a little more than when we're sleeping, but he'll hopefully be able to get some more stuff done around our house too.

Calli and I have been enjoying the nice weather lately, since she loves coming outside with me when I'm doing homework! We're actually sitting outside on the front porch as I write this, and she's bathing herself here on the porch.  Smokey still gets jealous when I bring her out, but he won't put a harness on and that's the rule for kitties to come outside. So he sits in the window right by my porch swing and meows at us.

Other than that, there really isn't much new in life here. :)

No comments: