Yesterday in the mail I got an from seminary, so I opened it up and it was my grade report for the term... almost. My classes were listed, but there were no grades there! A note on the bottom said my grades were being held because I'm "financially delinquent"! So right away I emailed the registrar and the financial aid people at seminary to see what was going on, because I took out loans for all of tuition, and I wasn't prevented from registering for classes. I never received any notice that I had any fees outstanding on my account either, or I would have taken care of it before this.
I got a reply to my email this morning, and it turns out they held the grades of everyone in Supervised Ministry because of a $60 assessment fee for the Profiles of Ministry thing we had to do for the class. So I called the seminary, gave them my credit card number, and they'll get the fee taken care of and give me my grades, for real this time! Sheesh.
Fortunately, I pretty much know my grades before seeing them on the official grade report. Please note: this is not bragging, just informing people how classes are going! I'm about 98% certain I got all A's. I know I have A's in Theological Summit, Theology, and Psalter & Wisdom Literature, and based on the fact that I got did very well on all of the assignments for Supervised Ministry I should get an A there too. I don't know how my supervisor's evaluations are counted into the grade, but that's the only thing that could possibly bring it down a bit, since apparently that's what happens when you choose a supervisor who has very high expectations. But overall I'm really happy with how the term turned out, and I'm especially happy that one class in particular is done! It's still hard for me to believe I only have 2 more terms left!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Congrats! Good job - Gotta love those administrative hangups...
Post a Comment