Wednesday, June 2, 2010

7 years down...

Last Monday was our anniversary, so I figured that's deserving of a blog post! :) We didn't do a whole lot, but here's the recap for those who are curious...

It was convenient for me that I was off work on our anniversary since it was Memorial Day, but unfortunately Bill had to work 10am-7pm on Monday, so we wouldn't have much time together. But, he was off work on Sunday, so I scheduled my homework and such so I wouldn't have to do any that day. Sunday was our anniversary, observed. :) We spent the afternoon doing stuff around the house. Bill got some flowers planted in the front yard and bushes in the back, and Calli and I watched him - we thought it was much more comfortable in the shade! We spent some time chatting with our neighbors too, and just generally hanging out together. With our schedules lately, most days Bill and I only get to see each other when we're sleeping, and for a little while before bedtime.

The one thing we did do to celebrate was go out to dinner at Olive Garden - and we didn't just eat salad and breadsticks, thanks to a gift card from my parents! :) It was a great meal, and we thoroughly enjoyed our food. I had chicken parmesean and Bill had chicken marasala. We decided to skip dessert (for $6.35 each, yikes!) because I made brownies Saturday evening. It was just a basic brownie mix, but we had some store-bought frosting that needed used too, so I frosted them with buttercream frosting, and WOW they turned out great! I think we have just a couple left now... :)

After dinner we came home and watched the movie The Blind Side. I had heard lots of good things about the movie from basically everyone, since I think Bill and I may have been the last people on the planet to see it. We did absolutely love it, so all the good comments I had heard were true!  Bill didn't realize it was a true story until at the very end, so that made it even better.

So aside from Sunday, it was a pretty boring weekend... I did my Christian Ethics homework all day Saturday, and I spent most of the day Monday doing sermon preparation while Bill was at work. (For those who didn't know and are curious - I'm preaching at our church, The Catalyst, in Findlay on Sunday, June 13.)

So that was my holiday weekend. I'm all confused now, since yesterday was Monday because it was the first workday of the week, but it was Tuesday because I had class in the evening... I'm not sure what today is!

No comments: