At this point in my week, it's all down hill from here - in two senses of the phrase!
First, I've had a sore throat for about the last day and a half. It feels like one of those sore throats that will turn into a cold. I started taking Zicam last night, and I've been drinking a ton of fluids - today I had 2 cups of hot chocolate and 6 glasses of water, with #7 in progress now! The sore throat itself isn't terrible, just annoying; it's what comes after it that I'm dreading. I tend to get tons of congestion with every cold that typically lasts 3-4 days at least.... it's all down hill from here, at least for the next week or so I'd say, though I really hope I'm wrong!
Second, the first half of this week has been very busy with meetings! Monday I had an early lunch meeting at Steak 'n Shake with my pastor regarding my Supervised Ministry progress thus far (he's my supervisor). Tuesday over lunch I met with the Church of God thing (which I posted about yesterday), and just grabbed a sandwich on my way back to the office. Today my day started an hour earlier than usual, with a 7am meeting with two guys from church about small groups and how to incorporate a sense of community into my women's Bible study so it's not "just" a Bible study but instead a small group (I'm still learning the differences between the two). This evening I met with two ladies half an hour before Bible study so we could pray together. And then we had Bible study! I had others do most of the reading tonight because of my sore throat, but I still did a bunch of teaching.
So, the last half of my week will involve much less meetings than the first half! Tomorrow is my usual Thursday - work, Hebrew reading group, then Psalter & Wisdom Literature class. Friday is just work (possibly breakfast with the guys from work beforehand - don't know yet, we've skipped it for the last 3 weeks or so due to extreme work load), and then dinner in Bowling Green with friends from Maumee in the evening. And hopefully no cold coming on!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment